About Niagara Frontier Golf CLub
A Proud Tradition of Exceptional Golf
In the last eight decades, Niagara Frontier has seen many changes. We built our first nine holes in 1930 and the next nine in 1939, only to totally revitalize the entire course in 1999. We’ve added a practice facility and extended our driving range. We used to be a country club; now, we’re proudly a golf club. But for as much as Niagara Frontier has changed, one thing has stayed the same: we’re committed to playing the game of golf as it was meant to be played.
In 1929, a group of local Masons pooled their funds to buy the farm land that would become Niagara Frontier Country Club. The renowned golf course architects at Harris and Hall designed 18 holes that would take advantage of the hills and natural beauty of the 104 acres that the Masons purchased, creating a golf course like none other in the area.
Over the years, the club began to expand. The membership opened up to non-Masons; what was originally a hot dog stand became the clubhouse; and a proper driving range and practice facility were added.
The most significant change came in 1999, when the club hired Toronto’s Carrick Design to rebuild the course. The result was a totally revitalized Niagara Frontier that made better use of the club’s gorgeous natural scenery and provided a novel challenge for long-time members.
The one thing that has stayed the same since the club was founded in 1929, however, is the spirit of friendliness, collegiality and mutual respect that the members of Niagara Frontier share with each other. For a long time, it was common to hear members remark that, considering the close bonds and lack of pretension within the community, that Niagara Frontier offered the country club experience without the country club attitude. The ideal member of Niagara Frontier has always taken pride in sharing the love of the game of golf with his or her fellow members above all else.
To this end, in 2016, the members voted to update the name of the club from “Niagara Frontier Country Club” to “Niagara Frontier Golf Club.”